Born in May, 1945 in Tbilisi. In 1969 he graduated from the sculpture department of the High School of Industrial Art (former Stroganov school) in Moscow, he was the student of G. A. Schultz. Since 1967 he is a permanent participant of art exhibitions in Russia and abroad. Winner of international competitions between sculptors in Hungary, Poland and Italy.
Georgy Frangulyan was awarded with the medal by Grekov (1979), silver (1996), gold (1998), and the medal of the Russian Art Academy.
His monumental artworks are installed in Moscow, Novokuznetsk, Novosibirsk, Krasnoyarsk, Sochi, Odessa, Moldova, Uzbekistan, Hungary, Bulgaria, Italy and Belgium.
His artworks are exhibited in the State Tretyakov Gallery, the State museum of Fine Arts by A. S. Pushkin, the State Russian Museum and numerous museums and private collections around the world.
Among his monumental works are - the monument of B. S. Okudzhava on the Arbat street in Moscow and the funerary monument in the form of Russian flag on the grave of B. Yeltsin in the Novodevichy cemetery in Moscow.